240sxONE Forums

Go Back   240sxONE Forums > 240sxONE Tech and Style > General Tech and Style Chat

Old 09-03-2014, 05:50 PM
240sxONE Member

Default Limp mode

Hey guys. So I have a auto 1991 240sx. It's a ka24de. I have been looking up limp mode and everyone says the maf. But my problem isn't like most. So here it is. I can start my car up when it Is cold and it will run fine. Revs past 2500 and all that. Idle is also fine. Aroumd 750. Once I drive it for awhile, turn the car off, then turn it back on. I cannot rev past 2500. Idle is still around 750. If I drive it like that for a little it will eventually go back to normal. I am stumped. My speed sensor currently isn't hooked up and I believe I have a bad thermostat. Could the t-stat be the problem? I am confused.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:30 PM
240sxONE Member

Send a message via AIM to elbowblk
Default Re: Limp mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by zack11122 View Post
Hey guys. So I have a auto 1991 240sx. It's a ka24de. I have been looking up limp mode and everyone says the maf. But my problem isn't like most. So here it is. I can start my car up when it Is cold and it will run fine. Revs past 2500 and all that. Idle is also fine. Aroumd 750. Once I drive it for awhile, turn the car off, then turn it back on. I cannot rev past 2500. Idle is still around 750. If I drive it like that for a little it will eventually go back to normal. I am stumped. My speed sensor currently isn't hooked up and I believe I have a bad thermostat. Could the t-stat be the problem? I am confused.

if its a bad thermo your temp guage would sky rocket and you'd still be able to rev past 2500

Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widley available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.