240sxONE Forums

Go Back   240sxONE Forums > 240sxONE Marketplace > Business and Sponsor Review

Old 11-24-2013, 10:15 AM
240sxONE Member

Default Miami Engine Import

So I was looking to buy an S13 Sr20det for the longest time and when I finally came upon the cash I was unsure of where to buy the motor as of every place has mixed reviews. So I hopped on ebay. Ik a few people may be skepticle to buy a engine swap off ebay as i was too. But after trying to contact one of the forum sponsors for 2 weeks and them not checking emails or just not writing back I jumped the gun for the ebay purchase. I bought the entire s13 swap for 2100$ (300$ less than one of the forum sponsors) on a Thursday. Got a call weds day from the freight company and set a time for Thursday. Sure enough Thursday afternoon a freight truck pulled up to my house and brought the swap right into my garage, oh and the 2100$ included the 40$ lift gate charge most charge you. Motor was clean, not damaged and packaged tightly. Overall I was very satisfied and couldn't have expected anything better so if your looking to buy and SR swap I would contact Miami Engine Import on Ebay.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:08 PM
240sxONE Member

Default Re: Miami Engine Import

Have you performed a leakdown test yet?

That would be my first move.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:04 PM
240sxONE Member

Tested the compression dry and got around 170 across the board which is good. The motor is currently at the machine shop to get work done for a rebuild and my builder said everything is in great shape and needs very little machining
Old 11-26-2013, 07:37 PM
240sxONE Member

That doesn't say much...I picked up a ka in pieces for $50 and it didn't require, "much machining"....with relatively few exceptions modern Japanese engines that are not full of spun bearing reside do not require much machining.

For the price paid, the Martin thing people care about with imported engines is completeness, and the condition of the accessories that are hard to replace...

Paying $2000 for a rebuildable engine means nothing....

From a consumer advice point if view anyway....**** for 2000 it had better need only, "minor machining."
Old 11-27-2013, 01:30 PM
240sxONE Member

The ebay is hit or miss. You lucked out. However its hard to buy swaps if you cannot see it running locally. I bought an SR swap from someone of the forum and didnt write a review or anything about it becuase i didnt see the need to bash them online. Swore up and down it was in good shape just rebuilt. got it home cames were completely chewed through on one cap. Stripped exhaust manifold bolts, stripped oil feed on the block and a junk turbo. But his "friend" just reuiblt it.