240sxONE Forums

Go Back   240sxONE Forums > 240sxONE Marketplace > Business and Sponsor Review

Old 05-03-2012, 11:06 AM
240sxONE Member

Send a message via AIM to Dragon Motorsports
Default Re: Dent Sport Garage (DSG) Norwood, MA

I also had a very poor experience @ DSG and they've lost my respect, business, and customer referrals. I simply called to ask them about corner balancing and installation of coilovers on my 300ZX the guy was extremely rude to me and basically told me to take it somewhere else, then kept saying they don't work on 300ZX's because its too old and wouldn't touch it at all. (what a great performance shop), on top of it when i asked them their personal recommendation of a few things the guy said "good luck buddy" and hung right up on me.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:52 PM
240sxONE Member

Send a message via AIM to Wes_s13

Like someone mentioned earlier, its about the shops work, not the ppls attitude that work there. We all have our bad days. I had nothing but pleasant experiences when walking in there , and will definately still schedule my tune there in the near future!
Old 05-08-2012, 08:07 PM
240sxONE Member

Hey Omar, sorry you didn't get what you expected when you called. Like Wes said, sometimes we have bad days. The phone rings all day at the shop and we don't have a "phone system" or a secretary so that means every time it rings we have to stop what we're doing and really switch gears from mechanic to secretary. Sometimes it doesn't work. Even worse we're usually trying to hear over the dyno which means we can't hear half of what people are saying.

We don't service every car or every chassis. That's our decision and it has nothing to do with your car specifically so please don't be insulted. More specifically we're trying to work on current customer's cars as often as possible to service them in the busiest time of year. We've all been at the shop 7 days a week trying to get people to the race track so tension is high and patience is thin.

All the best, apologies and I'd say "good luck buddy" but we tried that already. Seriously though.. We don't recommend anyone around here.There are no "experts" around with the Z32. Maybe Z1 down south but that's a haul for you.

PS we do care about customer service, probably more than anyone can imagine which is why we keep coming to these threads to try to work out these issues. I hope you take it the way I'm intending.

Alex
Old 08-02-2012, 04:12 PM
240sxONE Member

Send a message via AIM to Mizzat508

Just went down to dent sport a few weeks ago with my buddy to get his car tuned. He was having it towed there and the tow truck showed up a little over 2 hours late. So over all we ended up about an hour late for the appointment. We called ahead to say that the tow truck didnt show. Matt seemed a little stressed because we were late and I guess he had an afternoon appt that day. My buddys car was having a few issues, the EBC wasnt working, although it was reading to the ecu and "said" it was working. He started getting visibly frustrated when it was misfiring at 15psi over 5500. Didnt really like the way he reacted, but after we took a lunch break and got back to tuning he seemed alot more normal.

After that the day went well. Showed us some projects. Shot the s*** etc. The car was still having trouble, but he wasnt as stressed about it. Ended up being the wiring job Wang had done for my buddy a few years ago before either of us knew anything about wiring.

First off, their Evo2 and 240sx are some of the sickest car's I've seen up close and personal. And I'l also like to say Matt seems to really know what he's doing. I dont know many shops around here that will tune an 11:1 compression honda at 15 psi and want to keep going to 18-20psi. A few of them actually turned my buddy away because of his setup. Even if we werent running meth he said he'd run it at that no problem on pump gas.

My bottom line is they look like a solid shop. Everyone who talked with us at the end of the day was pretty chill, the cars are all sick, and they all know what they're talking about. Maybe some of their attitudes slip now and then, but it happens to all of us. I mean, come on. How pissed would you be if you were working on a 500whp STi on jack stands all day...lol