240sxONE Forums

Go Back   240sxONE Forums > 240sxONE Tech and Style > Build Threads and Project Logs

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 11:18 PM
ONE

Send a message via AIM to sdaigle240
Default Re: Power and Finesse

you know thats what i thought... but these kids were going at i t on ka-t.org how they had both 95's and 96's with the camry grille.... their soo hard to find ill just modiy mine once my build is doneski
ZErOSTyLE

MJL
Old 10-08-2008, 01:38 AM
240sxONE Member

if you don't mind, can you post some information on the transmission?

Who, where, what kind and how much?
Old 10-08-2008, 08:18 AM
your manager of serious internet business

some mechanic in Florida I saw his listing on LS1tech.com marketplace forums. The guy came highly recommended from a lot of people on the forum and he's been great with communication so far. I believe the transmission was just from a part-out not necessarily something he sells on a regular basis.

The transmission is a Borg Warner T-56 (6-speed) out of an 01 Camaro SS completely rebuilt with less than 1000 miles on it. comes with everything I'll need except the clutch parts (which I figure I'd rather buy new anyway). shipped to my door for $1350... which is pretty good considering most people want 1600-1700 before shipping for these transmissions.

As for the clutch... the Corvette Z06 clutch setup from the LS6 engine is a direct bolt on to the LS1... I can get a brand new Exedy OEM replacement Z06 flywheel clutch and pressure plate for about $350 which is good for over 500whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaigle240
you know thats what i thought... but these kids were going at i t on ka-t.org how they had both 95's and 96's with the Camry grille.... their soo hard to find ill just modify mine once my build is doneski
every piece of Nissan sales material I've seen has shown the 96s with the single lat. I would say 9/10 of the 96s I've seen in person had them as well. I would suspect those that don't were swapped out to the 95 style at some point, it's not like people with these cars don't swap around things frequently, especially parts that are only held in place with a few clips.

you could always get the Navan Grill... it's very similar to the single lat style, sadly it's probably easier to find too.

then again I think the Silvia grill is the best looking on the Zenki... I still plan on going kouki front eventually but in the mean time this helps me feel like the thing looks less like a family sedan :P

SilviaV8 Forums | CollectorsEdition.org | My Blog | My Build Thread | My For Sale Thread
Old 10-09-2008, 11:14 AM
240sxONE Member

Send a message via AIM to romerider153

yo sdaigle240 i got an extra one of the single lat grilles in black if ur interested just throwing that out there
Old 10-09-2008, 11:35 AM
ONE

c'mon bro!!!1 what happened to zenki love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ha i just boucht kouki style eye lids cuz im a wanna b too (not the ones that cover the corners too)
this picture made me do it

romerider153..PM'd ya..
ZErOSTyLE

MJL
Old 10-09-2008, 01:23 PM

I must say I'm not much a fan of the eyelids on zenki

if you're going to go zenki the sexiest setup is a Navan bumper, and some clear lensed headlights with either a siliva or single lat grill.

If you go kouki IMO it looks totally wrong unless you have the spoiler on the back to balance out the sharp edges of the front end, otherwise it looks like the front belongs on a different car.

but that's just my 2 cents

SilviaV8 Forums | CollectorsEdition.org | My Blog | My Build Thread | My For Sale Thread
Old 10-09-2008, 03:48 PM
ONE

i dunno... the eyelids were cheap so i figured id give em i try... i hate eyelids all together but the above pic was inspiring...

u like that body kit huh? i guess diffrent strokes for diffrent zenki lovers..haha im all about the factory look, too aftermarket lookin for me.... its kinda liek the jdm aero but "aftermarketed up" lol. i couldnt even bring my self to buy the navan grill cuz it looks to aftermarket. even rims...i gotta have that factory look. good looks on the parts list thread for the kouki conversion... i hope to put that to use some day...
ZErOSTyLE

MJL
Old 10-09-2008, 04:21 PM
240sxONE Staff

Send a message via AIM to tastyratz

yea I have to agree, I like the sideskirts but if I said I liked the front bumper and grill I would be lying. Looks bulky and plastic to me - kinda like the bodykits made to mimick the early 90s dodge viper. Its funny it looks less aftermarket and more like an oem sedan bumper to me. I like some of the Navan stuff - just not feeling that zenki nosejob for my own personal tastes (everyone has their own opinion). Maybe its just the angle...Definitely different though.
I did j30 lights on my car though so what do I know lol.

Click for my for sale thread. s13 sr koyo, r32 headlights, s14 bikirom rom tune, many s14/s13 parts... and MOAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewster240 View Post
I usially dont write involved response on my phone, that was during a poop break and the words just flowed out.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:22 PM

I'm not a huge fan of the Navan grill either... actually I completely hated the whole Navan kit at first but the front bumper grew on me..

the Navan s14s even had a special steering wheel... and it's fugly as hell

Old 10-14-2008, 02:04 AM
240sxONE Member

the shift knob was even worse than the wheel!
Closed Thread