240sxONE Forums

Go Back   240sxONE Forums > 240sxONE Tech and Style > Build Threads and Project Logs

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 10:44 PM
your manager of serious internet business

Default Re: Power and Finess

ugh... I'm not a fan of carburetors... I like the fact that I have complete control over the fuel mapping with a computer... proper jetting in a carburetor either requires and insane amount of thermal and fluid dynamics calculation... or it's just pure guess and check/trial and error.

If that's your thing though there is a guy who has done a carbureted LS swap in a 240 though... check out the big V8 swap thread on zilvia and look for a guy with a pin ribbon as his avatar... his name is "civic" something or other but he's apparently done one.

SilviaV8 Forums | CollectorsEdition.org | My Blog | My Build Thread | My For Sale Thread
Old 09-03-2008, 08:55 PM
240sxONE Member

So any update? Fudge, it's like waiting for new episodes of Supernatural. I just want to see the conclusion!! Is Dean coming back?! Have you found a T56 yet?! Will Sam learn to use his powers?! Will Twisted be buying parts here and there to prepare for the swap?!

One thing I noticed from watching all these LS1 swapped S-Chassis on youtube; wheelspin. I hope you're putting some good rubber and some wide wheels on that sucker before the swap happens. I picture you roasting your current tires down to the rims all the way back home lol.

This is my favorite part:
"I'm not the kind of guy who feels the need to stay "All Nissan" or "All Japan" I am a fan of all cars no matter what country they come from"
AMEN BROTHER!

More power to you man, ultimately this would be the end-all swap to a 240 unless all of a sudden Ferrari engines become dirt cheap and readily swap-able.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:34 PM

well I took last Friday afternoon off to pickup the engine... I wasn't able to get it off the truck until Saturday afternoon (that was an adventure in and of it self... first thing I'm buying are some good engine hooks that I can hoist it from) Sunday and Monday were dedicated to fixing up the Vehicross. The VX isn't road legal yet, I had to replace nearly the whole braking system, wheel bearings, and some emissions crap. The only thing left now is tires. though the ones I want are a special order so I'll be waiting 10 days before I get em.

That needs to get on the road before I can take the Nissan off the road.

No news on a T-56 yet, though I haven't been looking all that seriously since I'm waiting to hear back from one of my brother's friends who said he might be able to hook me up... I should probably give that guy a call.

Most of my free time this week has gone into this site... I've been prepping the back end stuff so we can move servers, it's taking way more time than it should :P

As for wheel spin... yeah, definitely a problem . Thankfully I've got some 300zx calipers ready to go for stopping power (I might even get that done before the swap just to get it out of the way) and once the motors in the next thing will be fitting the widest tires I can shove under there.

SilviaV8 Forums | CollectorsEdition.org | My Blog | My Build Thread | My For Sale Thread
Old 09-03-2008, 11:19 PM
240sxONE Member

when i was looking into this, Bow Auto Salvage said that they could get a reman T56 within a week, not the cheapest, but when I lived up that way they were fairly reputable
Old 09-17-2008, 08:46 AM

Put new tires and had an alignment done on the VehiCross.

Also repacked the front bearings and replaced the calipers, rotors, and pads over the weekend.

Now that my DD is taken care of I'm one step closer to my LS1 swap... just need to find a trans for it and I can start pulling apart the S14

Old 09-17-2008, 08:58 AM
240sxONE Member

it never hurts to call Jeff Canter's car world in Candia. They seem to have one or two of every part known to man.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:59 AM

I'll give them a call thanks

Old 10-07-2008, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Power and Finesse

no updates in a while I know but I finally found a transmission

It shipped Friday so hopefully it will be here soon. I also got an engine hoist. A friend of mine had an extra one that he's letting me borrow for however long I'll need it. It's a real beefy SOB, he uses for pulling and swapping full-sized pickup motors so it should handle the LS1 easily.

I didn't do much related to the LS1 swap but I got some new SPC rear toe links installed (these things are nice, I almost wish I bought new forward links and upper links to go with it)

And I found a sweet deal on a Silvia grill on Zilvia, it was in flawless shape and the right color for peanuts so I couldn't pass it up... looks way better than the USDM grill IMO.

...not soon enough

Old 10-07-2008, 03:47 PM
ONE

Send a message via AIM to sdaigle240

which grill did u take off??? i assume the camry looking "double lat" one.... if its the "single lat" one ill take it
ZErOSTyLE

MJL
Old 10-07-2008, 10:14 PM

yeah it's the double lat one... if it was the single one I might have kept it... AFAIK the double came on the 95s and the single came on the 96s (one of the very minor changes they did make).

Closed Thread