240sxONE Forums

Go Back   240sxONE Forums > 240sxONE Tech and Style > Build Threads and Project Logs

Old 12-21-2011, 05:27 PM
240sxONE Member

Before and after the maf? How long of a straight pipe would I need? would you have a pic of the proper setup?

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk
Old 12-22-2011, 07:35 AM
240sxONE Staff

Send a message via AIM to tastyratz
Default Re: My S13 SOHC Turbo Build...UPDATED >First drive video! sounds good

I prefer to see it as 6 in before and after maf. I really like upgrading to saxonpc screens
here is a good thread on it
http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic...er=asc&start=0

Click for my for sale thread. s13 sr koyo, r32 headlights, s14 bikirom rom tune, many s14/s13 parts... and MOAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewster240 View Post
I usially dont write involved response on my phone, that was during a poop break and the words just flowed out.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:38 AM
240sxONE Member

Just a little update on my build...I recently had a nasty exhaust leak at my manifold so I tried to tighten my bolts a little bit and SNAP!! Broke a bolt off in the head so I had to take off my Turbo manifold and all that BS just to fix one hole...just when I was about to give up on it the bolt came out

so after about an hour of cursing and knuckle busting all of that mess was cleared up I fixed the leak and started my next projects
(E-fans and oil catch can, and I'm cabin mbc) ..the Install on these were very easy and I'm happy with the way it came out/looks
Here's some photos

I also lengthened the pipes before and after the maf I now have 6" of pipe on either side.

.I also purchased the xtd stage 4 clutch and my wastegate dump tube. I'm waiting on taxes to get the clutch installed,WG routed into exhaust and my Long awaited nistune! Then its time for some body work and fresh paint! Hopefully she'll be fresh as f*ck for summer!

Last edited by RedTopKA-T; 01-30-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:18 PM
240sxONE Member

Well I figured I'd share some bad news to u guys LOL. I took my car to have the stage 4 clutch put in cuz the stock one started making a squealing noise and it was grinding sometimes, I never smelled burning clutch nor did it slip too much ( only at wot).. so it turns out the problem is not the clutch its my tranny! The clutch and flywheel that was pulled out is still new! Also the tranny had 6 1/2 quarts of gear oil in it , that was why it didn't feel bad...as soon as it was refilled to proper level grinding and squealing happens in every gear so I just drove the car back home and next weekend the new tranny will be installed. Then all I gotta do is tune this bitch. I'm almost there!!

Last edited by RedTopKA-T; 02-25-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:45 PM
240sxONE Member

So wat r ya gonna do with the extra clutch now?
Old 02-26-2012, 06:52 AM
240sxONE Staff

burn it to the ground, xtd stuff has a tendency to explode. Literally, explode.

What kind of fluid did you put in the trans before you go swapping it?

Click for my for sale thread. s13 sr koyo, r32 headlights, s14 bikirom rom tune, many s14/s13 parts... and MOAR

Quote:
I usially dont write involved response on my phone, that was during a poop break and the words just flowed out.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:35 AM
240sxONE Member

I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on the xtd clutches some good and some bad,most people had problems with the stage 3 and under but the stage 4 seems to be good but I'm the kinda Guy that likes to see for my self ! Haha.I used Valvoline 75w90 ..as for the stock clutch probably gonna sell it not going back to stock anytime soon LOL

Last edited by RedTopKA-T; 02-26-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:38 AM
240sxONE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastyratz View Post
burn it to the ground, xtd stuff has a tendency to explode. Literally, explode.

What kind of fluid did you put in the trans before you go swapping it?
I have a xtd stage 3 clutch since this time last year. I have about 10k on my car since last year, two trips to maine, one to jersey and numerous city trips. I raced a evo9 my second night driving the car, i didnt even have 20 miles on it. I also drop second in my car on a daily basis and my car isnt light compared to a 240, 3300 pounds. I lost my job before i moved here and needed a clutch i was very skeptical at first, but after a year of abuse on it and still holds burning through second. I say rock it and save for a new one.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:02 PM
240sxONE Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxer300zx View Post
I have a xtd stage 3 clutch since this time last year. I have about 10k on my car since last year, two trips to maine, one to jersey and numerous city trips. I raced a evo9 my second night driving the car, i didnt even have 20 miles on it. I also drop second in my car on a daily basis and my car isnt light compared to a 240, 3300 pounds. I lost my job before i moved here and needed a clutch i was very skeptical at first, but after a year of abuse on it and still holds burning through second. I say rock it and save for a new one.
You're lucky rock on.
There are 10 horror stories for every positive though, and when a clutch fails and blows out bellhousing it never ends well.
To me it's not worth the risk.

Quote:
Old 02-26-2012, 01:22 PM
240sxONE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastyratz View Post
You're lucky rock on.
There are 10 horror stories for every positive though, and when a clutch fails and blows out bellhousing it never ends well.
To me it's not worth the risk.
Na i totally hear you on this. I know a few peolpe using them and are ok. But iv read horror stories as well and heard of them slipping instantly, also heard the same for name brand but less so on them. But if your poor and need one its a option. Iv loved my clutch for the 150 i paid but honestly when i redo my transmission im getting a exedy for it just feel safer.