240sxONE Forums

Go Back   240sxONE Forums > 240sxONE Tech and Style > Build Threads and Project Logs

Old 12-20-2009, 03:50 PM
240sxONE Member

Default Re: Carfreak's Widebody coupe (aka Project DoubleTake)

And ten more.

SHIFT_The Lady and the Tramp

See my build thread here:http://forums.240sxone.com/showthread.php?t=8394
Old 12-20-2009, 03:55 PM
240sxONE Member

And another ten.

Old 12-20-2009, 04:01 PM
240sxONE Member

And yet some more pics.

Old 12-20-2009, 04:29 PM
240sxONE Member

Next chapter: No more stinky interior.

Another class and another part of the project. I was now in Trim and Upholstery class. Some of the interior work i did out of necessity, some of it I did cause i wanted to modify it, and some of it I did cause I had time and material left over. Here is what i did:

I recovered the headliner with charcoal colored synthetic suede and did an insert in it with raised BRE Datsun stripes using 1/4" scrim foam, and then a raised Nissan logo on top of that using 1/8" scrim foam.

I also did raised BRE Datsun stripes out of 1/4" scrim foam and synthetic suede on the door panel inserts as well.

Next up I reupholstered the glove box door and center console lid with the same material, stitched up a shift boot and e-brake boot out of carbon fiber patterned keystone leather with double-hem seems with blue stitching, and used some left over leather and flipped inside out to suede-wrap my steering wheel rim. I also recovered my seats with the same leather so they wouldn't be all torn and deteriorated anymore. Note: i just made some quick covers that don't conform very well to the seats.

The last thing i did was completely re-carpet my interior in charcoal high-quality cut-pile olefin carpet which is mold and mildew resistant. I also at this time removed my rear seat and carpeted over where it was, and reupholstered the package tray with the synthetic suede.

Note: I forgot to mention that when i was in Chassis Fabrication/High Performance Engines I stitch welded all of my strut towers.

Old 12-20-2009, 04:52 PM
240sxONE Member

awesome motivation!!!! those drawings are epic!!!!! keep up the good work... i like your style. what color do you plan on painting it when finished? that aztec red is what i would go with if i where to do a solid color on an s13.. if not GO FACTORY 2 TONE ftmfw!!
Old 12-20-2009, 04:54 PM
240sxONE Member

Welcome to current day DoubleTake.

I have been out of college and back in Maine since the end of March 2006. In June 2006, I trailered the car out to the 240SXONE Dyno Day at F1Dyno in Portland, ME. Went to put the car on the dyno but couldn't make a run because my right rear rim was way to bent. With the shop jack, my four way, and one of the shop jack-stands, I had the front and rear tires rotated within ten minutes and ready to be strapped back down. My hopes were high but I knew that since I was still running off the factory computer I was probably going to be dissapointed. The result was, 130whp, 133wt from 2100rpm(idle, cause the car could not stay idling on its own due to the air/fuel ratio) all the way to when the fuel was cut off which happened to be 6100rpm (damn factory computer lol). The a/f curve started at full rich down low hit stoich (14.7) for 200rpm around 3500rpm and then dropped down to full lean at 6100rpm. Adam stated that during the pull it felt like the car was barely working up a sweat, and that if i got an a/f controller i was probably going to be looking at 200-220whp.

In August 2006 i got a PDM Racing front lip and installed that. I got bored one weekend that month and had some metallic gray base coat laying around from work and I had brought my gun home from work so I quickly taped off outside of the body lines on the hood and did a fade inside of it from rear to front, and sprayed some BRE Datsun Stripes going from the fenders to the doors.

Summer of 2007 I had to replace the fuel pump. Thanks to jeff and the guys at 240SXMotoring having a sale, I got a Walboro 255 for $95. That winter I had also acquired some vintage 1983 Datsun 15" Wheel Trim rings still in unopened boxes form Prime Nissan in Saco, Maine and installed those on my factory steelies.

The summer of 2008 called for a new water pump. This is the last actual work that was done on her. She still runs and drives, but she sits in my garage with no time and no funds for her. One day she will start getting what she deserves again. Also I am working on a slight exterior design change and a major interior design change I will post pics of my design when they are complete. As for now MOAR PICS hahahaha (insert evil laugh here).

Old 12-20-2009, 04:57 PM
240sxONE Member

Pretty decent job with the interior! I used to do interiors for a living. I kinda hate it but I have recently be considering offering it to members around here looking for a cleaned up look.

What type of machine were you using? And did you try to use a machine to do the steering wheel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanelach View Post
Paaats car is the first 240 to actually hurt my ears.
http://pigbombs.blogspot.com
Old 12-20-2009, 04:58 PM
240sxONE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s-cargo View Post
awesome motivation!!!! those drawings are epic!!!!! keep up the good work... i like your style. what color do you plan on painting it when finished? that aztec red is what i would go with if i where to do a solid color on an s13.. if not GO FACTORY 2 TONE ftmfw!!
As you saw in the first design pics its was going to be flat black, then with design change #1(which is actually like #5 lol) it was going to be a custom mixed metallic blue. As for the new design change, you are going to have to wait until I am done with the designs.

Old 12-20-2009, 05:04 PM
240sxONE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paaaaat View Post
Pretty decent job with the interior! I used to do interiors for a living. I kinda hate it but I have recently be considering offering it to members around here looking for a cleaned up look.

What type of machine were you using? And did you try to use a machine to do the steering wheel?
For the machine i used the one Juki bottom feed we had in the Trim/Upholstery shop at school. All the machines had stepper motors so they would stop as soon as you lifted off the pedal. And on the steering wheel, I had to use the machine to make two unreinforced seems to connect the top and bottom halves together. The inside seem all the way around is held by LiquidStitch right now and eventually needs to have a purse or baseball stitch done by hand to complete it.

Old 12-20-2009, 05:08 PM
240sxONE Member

Yea, I was going to say it didn't look like it was done by hand yet. And I was about to recommend it to tighten it up. It is SUCH a pain to do.

lol. Good work though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanelach View Post
Paaats car is the first 240 to actually hurt my ears.
http://pigbombs.blogspot.com