240sxONE Forums

Go Back   240sxONE Forums > 240sxONE Tech and Style > Build Threads and Project Logs

Old 11-17-2014, 11:18 AM
240sxONE Member

Default Re: RHD V-mount 1JZ Coupe (a sequel to the prequel)

Omg this looks amazing v mount ftw
Old 11-17-2014, 10:49 PM
240sxONE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopdeck View Post
Omg this looks amazing v mount ftw
Thank you, It's awesome to see a vision come alive... I never thought things would have fell into place soo well, as space is limited.

UPDATE:

Zeta is pretty cool. . . She jumps up through the door and goes into the trunk to sleep.

The gas tank did not look to comfortable, but this did the trick, she was passed out all afternoon pretty much. The wood stove is like 4ft away so i think thats what put her out.

ANYWAYS,

Dave had the day off from work, and i wasnt planning on getting much done since i work 3rd shift and only had from 2-5pm to be in the garage, and watch a 3yr old at the same time.... but this happened...

Cleaned up the light surface rust from it being outside before, self etched the bare metal, seam sealed, and stone guarded the inner wheel well. I think it came out pretty nice, and will offer some protection, while saving paint for more important areas...

Started bolting things up, but im lacking some hardware because i suck at labeling bolts. So that'll be for another day.

Hoping to have it moving under its own power very soon!

Jim
Old 11-24-2014, 12:22 AM
240sxONE Member

The engine is running.... roughly. Not sure what the issue is yet but i am pretty sure its sensor related. It wont hold an idle, and revs super sluggish and rough/boggy. I tried a different maf today with no success,so im like 90% sure its TPS related, and i think i missed a ground on the back of the intake manifold that ill have to wait til tomorrow afternoon to check, but im pretty excited...

Got almost the entire front end assembled...

Wheel clearance pics at ride height, compressed with a floor jack. Pretty excited that i can fit my entire fist between the back of the tire and inner tub at full lock!

Its getting to the point where i can call this swap done. still have to brace the pedal brackets, paint under the dash, hook up braided lines to pedals, bleed it all, and figure out this engine issue.
Old 11-25-2014, 01:54 PM
240sxONE Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Mack Daddy

Sick nasty! Love it dude get er done!!!
Old 11-25-2014, 11:24 PM
240sxONE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Daddy View Post
Sick nasty! Love it dude get er done!!!
Thanks. Looks like I will be focusing on body work for a bit...

Fried the ECU. Now im in the process of converting to a JZX100 harness and ecu, from JZS171. What a bitch of a mistake after being soo close! Oh well.

So if anyone happens to have, or know where to source these parts, let me know. Thanks in advance!

Jim
Old 08-02-2015, 10:13 AM
240sxONE Member

UPDATE:
The car is almost done. Instead of sourcing jzx100 parts, I replaced the fried ecu with another jzx110/jzs171 one.... After a few wiring hurdles, the car is now running amazingly, without ETCSi !.... I also had been using a jzx100 maf, which is incorrect. it just so happens the proper one is shared with Subaru, so I picked up a Subaru maf from a kid I know. I took it up my street the other night and got nothing but instant boost response and wheelspin. WOOHOO! ill be posting some pics shortly, also, we shot the car black for the time being.... just a quick jobber, but it looks better than being 5 colors.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:59 AM
240sxONE Member

any updates on this? those wheels are great.