240sxONE Forums

Go Back   240sxONE Forums > 240sxONE Marketplace > Business and Sponsor Review

Old 08-29-2012, 10:30 PM
240sxONE Member

Default motor star, merrimack nh

well just because of a facebook post i just read from a fellow car enthusiast who had a bad experience with motostar, i was reminded of a disappointing phone call i made to them last week.

i have purchased probably a dozen tires from motostar and probably 3 sets of wheels in the past year or 2 and have always gotten great prices and dealt with very polite people, especially bill whom i made a few of my purchases from.

i called their the other day for a price on a set of xxr wheels and tires, and the guy who answered the phone cut me off instantly in mid question to tell me that he couldnt do business with me because they are a wholesaler and only do business with commercial accounts.

this was strange to me considering all the purchases friends and i have made with motostar in the past especially with their sponsorship on this forum. and i want to make it perfectly clear that i DO NOT believe i spoke with bill who if i remember correctly is the motostar rep on this forum, and he has always been great to deal with

just thought id give you guys my 2 cents take it for what it is
Old 08-30-2012, 10:02 AM
240sxONE Member

Default Re: motor star, merrimack nh

Sorry you had a issue when you called in. No excuse for that at all. I am pretty sure I know who you talked to when you called in. He is somewhat over protective of the wholesale accounts....Plus he is afraid of wheels. Just ask for Myself (Bill), Darryl or JR when you call in next time or just PM me anytime. I check it all the time and will get right back to you.

I am also aware of the Facebook post. It really was a simple matter that got blown out of proportion. He has called in and asked if he put a order in on our Ebay store if he could just pick it up here. We told him that wouldn't be a problem thinking he was just going to pay with cash or a credit card when he got here. He called back not long after and asked that if he paid with Paypal on ebay how we would take the shipping charge off. We told him we wouldn't be able to take paypal if he was picking up here because Paypal will not protect the seller against Fraud if their is no proof of a shipping delivery. We told him we could take cash a credit card pretty much anything else but we couldn't take Paypal with a local pickup. He then told us we were going back on our word and we didn't know what we were talking about.

We just got burned for about two grand and about a days worth of man hours by a guy in California. He had us have Custom Spring Rate BC coilovers made for his Matrix. We rushed the order for him because he was in a big hurry to get them on his car. The day he gets them he called his credit card company and tells them he doesn't know what the charge is for and disputes it. We send the credit card company everything from delivery slips to post he put up on the Matrix forum talking about the coilovers all the way to a picture of the matrix parked in front of the address we shipped (Google Earth is awesome). I am talking a full file of evidence showing he got them it was him and his own card that ordered them and the credit card company still sided with him. So ya we are pretty picky with how we get payments now simply because we did everything we were suppose to do as a seller and still got burned.

Again I apologize for the phone call incident you had. We are talking about it in the office as I type this. If any of you guys ever have a issue like that again please let me know as soon as you can so I can fix it. And with the Facebook comment I am sorry we upset them we really try to make everyone happy. But at the same time I hope everyone understands that we also have to protect ourselves to.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:36 AM
240sxONE Member

Thanks a lot for the quick response. And Because of it I will surely still use motostar for my wheels and tires. As far as the issue you guys had with the PayPal customer, I pass
No judgement as it didn't involve me at all, and was probably just a misunderstanding. but thanks a lot for elaborating on it. I referenced it solely because when I saw it on my news feed it reminded me of having an issue the week before.

But thanks again for clearing this up. You guys have always been great to deal with and I'm sure will continue to be
Old 08-30-2012, 11:42 AM
240sxONE Member

No problem at all. Just let me know if you have this issue again or if you just have any questions.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:30 PM
240sxONE Member

i love you keannu.... er bill. lol. best experience ive ever had with wheels and tires was with motostar... bill i still need motostar stickers!!!!! btw i found my original invoice from when i got my 522's. nostalgia lol
Old 08-31-2012, 12:41 PM
240sxONE Member

Quick question, if i came up and bought some xxr's can i pay the majority of the bill in cash and put the rest on my card?
Old 08-31-2012, 12:42 PM
240sxONE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dripht240 View Post
i love you keannu.... er bill. lol. best experience ive ever had with wheels and tires was with motostar... bill i still need motostar stickers!!!!! btw i found my original invoice from when i got my 522's. nostalgia lol
Lol thanks for the complements. And no stickers yet. We have been slacking. We have bunch of stuff we are trying to work on and that just kinda keeps getting pushed back.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:46 PM
240sxONE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendanGerew View Post
Quick question, if i came up and bought some xxr's can i pay the majority of the bill in cash and put the rest on my card?
Yup that isn't a problem. Its pretty easy to split it up. Just let me know before you head up so we can double check inventory and have everything ready for you when you get here.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:52 PM
240sxONE Member

thank you very much Bill.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:54 PM
240sxONE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendanGerew View Post
thank you very much Bill.
No Problem Just let me know.