240sxONE Forums

Go Back   240sxONE Forums > 240sxONE Marketplace > Business and Sponsor Review

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 12:35 PM
240sxONE Member

Default Matt Gendron, and his bounced check and phone number changing.

I had no where else to put this.

I agreed to sell the perfect 1jz out of my car to pay rent.

Who does that? Sells the engine in their car to pay bills? Money is super tight.

Anyways Synergy (Kyle) has been brokering the deal, so there was no way to give this random kid a bad rating.

Kyle has been good about communication until after Saturday, now he is ducking my phone calls.

Matt Gendron (603)-361-5895 has just changed his phone number on me, besides having the super shady VM of "The person has not setup the mailbox, goodbye".

It was working at 9:47am this morning, and now it's not working. Go ahead, call it.

I asked Kyle to be a sport and help me out, but now both of these guys are ducking me.

Now this puts me in an awkward position.

I know his Bank Routing number, I have witness accounts, I know his name, and more importantly, his old phone number totally verifying the guys identity.

I'm pretty sure with all this info I will have no problem locating him with help from the Manchester police, since passing a bad check over state lines becomes a criminal matter.

I needed to put this in the air for my own account as well as to warn anyone about to do business with him.

If anyone is reading this and knows Matt, telling him to fess up before this gets out of hand would be the smartest thing to do.

One way or another it's getting handled.

Thanks for your time,

Nick
Old 05-14-2012, 01:36 PM
240sxONE Staff

Send a message via AIM to tastyratz
Default Re: Synergy's friend "Matt Gendron", and his bounced check and phone number changing.

Kyle has been pretty hard to get a hold of lately. I shot him a message to find out whats going on. He's at work and wont answer the phone during the day, and yesterday I know he was out for his birthday. I heard from him over text and he is saying call the cops himself.

The staff here does take accusations of fraud very seriously. We do have a business sponsor and review section, and Itrader... but this doesn't really apply per say because Kyle knew someone and told him about your deal. Not him directly. If Matt has a 240one account it would be against him. Moved to business review for right now since it's an oddball.

Always feel free to notify a staff member if you have trouble, we are here to help. This goes to anyone when a deal goes sour.

Click for my for sale thread. s13 sr koyo, r32 headlights, s14 bikirom rom tune, many s14/s13 parts... and MOAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewster240 View Post
I usially dont write involved response on my phone, that was during a poop break and the words just flowed out.

Last edited by tastyratz; 05-14-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:41 PM
240sxONE Member

Default Re: Synergy's friend "Matt Gendron", and his bounced check and phone number changing.

theres a matt gendron in my city.. is this kid from pittsfield, ma?
edit: also, this

Last edited by hartig; 05-14-2012 at 01:47 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:47 PM
240sxONE Member

Thanks Kurt, I appreciate the assistance.

Based on my research about interstate NSF checks this is serious. I wouldn't have done it otherwise as all of my interactions with One members have been great.

Kyle was/is a good kid, he was upfront and straight with me on every phone conversation.

I don't want to say "Guilty by association" because of his friend. I have been in a similar situation. You just want to help someone out, then it blows up in your face.

I'm looking speaking with the Manchester PD next, i'll keep you posted.

Thanks again.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:54 PM
240sxONE Member

Send a message via AIM to brewster240

Why does that name sound familiar?

LOL
Brb, cutting up a two tone with a sawzall.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:07 PM
240sxONE Member

I can help you locate him nick. Im at work though ill call you later
Old 05-14-2012, 02:45 PM
240sxONE Member

Thank you Kyle, and again, Sorry to get you caught up in this.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:50 PM
240sxONE Member

Matts new number is 6033615895 call at 8 830 he's out of work at 8. And nick I turned 21 yesterday that's why I didn't answer. But I called you after he picked up the motor to make sure everything went smoothly. I don't want to.be apart of ANYTHING that seems like a scam. Just to be clear.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:00 PM
240sxONE Member

Happy Birthday my man! I hope it was a good one.

As long as he co-operates, everything will be fine.

You are not a scammer. I know you wanted to help. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: That is the same number that was shut off, so I don't know how I could call him..

Maybe he should just call me.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:54 PM
240sxONE Member

This is a good reason for never accepting checks.

Either that or: you're paying me and not coming to get your stuff until after this check clears.

I personally think it's retarded when someone PMs me to buy something and they give me an offer and put "cash" next to it. Of course cash, wtf else are you going to pay me in? You want me to get out my hand credit card swiper I store in my garage? Groupons? Gold doubloons? 7-legged spider drawings?

Bring me cash. If you can afford what you're buying, then just pay me for it with currency. Putting "cash" at the end of your lowball offer does not make it any less than a lowball offer than it already is. Don't try to offer me some western union, I'll send you a check crap like we're in some 3rd world country.

/rant