240sxONE Forums

Go Back   240sxONE Forums > 240sxONE Marketplace > Business and Sponsor Review

Old 07-12-2012, 12:14 PM
ONE

Send a message via AIM to sdaigle240
Default Re: machine shops around ct?

i cannot begin to express how happy I am with Eastwoods Machine shop in somers CT. seriously...these guy dump knowledge on you for hours and never ask for a penny. for the 185$ worth of work i had done he probably chatted with me 3 hours total just shooting the breeze. great rates on everything BUT assembly. hes very "im putting my name behind it" and goes over the top with documentation for reputation sake. he said it was 4-500 to assemble, my jaw hit the floor. my mindset was if someone wants to do it for like 150 and save me the time great. well i am soooo glad i assembled it myself. learned alot and am now more intimate with the motor then ever.

like he checked my clearences (mains, rods, piston to wall), measured my used pistons skirts, weighed them, told me which parts to replace, which were good etc and didnt ask for a penny...i hadent even signed up for work at that point. they even talked to me for 45minutes on porting a head, he new damn well im DIY and wasnt handing him 600$, he just genuinly wanted to see me do it correctly so he spilled the beans. nice guys.

if you do call them please do tell em the guy with the gray 240 set ya.
ZErOSTyLE

MJL

Last edited by sdaigle240; 07-12-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:18 PM
240sxONE Member

Send a message via Skype™ to s14steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaigle240 View Post
i cannot begin to express how happy I am with Eastwoods Machine shop in somers CT. seriously...these guy dump knowledge on you for hours and never ask for a penny. for the 185$ worth of work i had done he probably chatted with me 3 hours total just shooting the breeze. great rates on everything BUT assembly. hes very "im putting my name behind it" and goes over the top with documentation for reputation sake. he said it was 4-500 to assemble, my jaw hit the floor. my mindset was if someone wants to do it for like 150 and save me the time great. well i am soooo glad i assembled it myself. learned alot and am now more intimate with the motor then ever.

like he checked my clearences (mains, rods, piston to wall), measured my used pistons skirts, weighed them, told me which parts to replace, which were good etc and didnt ask for a penny...i hadent even signed up for work at that point. they even talked to me for 45minutes on porting a head, he new damn well im DIY and wasnt handing him 600$, he just genuinly wanted to see me do it correctly so he spilled the beans. nice guys.

if you do call them please do tell em the guy with the gray 240 set ya.
so they charge 500 to assemble a engine if so not bad!!!
Old 11-07-2012, 08:48 AM
ONE

Send a message via AIM to sdaigle240

really? when i was a rug rat and my pops was doing motors it was like 200! this was bottom end only BTW which is like nothing time wise. the timing and valvetrain is what takes the time.
ZErOSTyLE

MJL
Old 11-07-2012, 10:59 PM
240sxONE Member

It's like a paint job; spraying the paint takes up the least time.