240sxONE Forums

Go Back   240sxONE Forums > 240sxONE Marketplace > Business and Sponsor Review

Old 04-30-2012, 11:42 PM
240sxONE Staff

Send a message via AIM to vqboodah
Thumbs down Dent Sport Garage (DSG) Norwood, MA

I originally planned to get my car tuned at Dent Sport but my experience there was overall terrible. I heard so many unhappy reviews but I still decided to go there due to also hearing good things from them. Their tuner took the time and tried helping me over email about my idling issue so that was a plus and I decided to make an appt there.

When I arrived there... their shop was closed! I had to wait 2 hours until the tuner arrived. Originally their shop was suppose to be closed due to President's day and the Boston Marathon, but they could of just called or emailed me in advance but they didn't.

There was another customer of theirs that waited the same amount of time as I did. He was there for an oil leak concern. Their tech told him to come in that day and he never arrived! That customer had to leave with his oil still leaking

When the tuner arrived he had the worst attitude cussing, swearing, blaming the traffic about why he was late. Not really a great professional first impression.

Anyways long story short... it didn't seem like he wanted to work on my car that day even though I had an appointment. He didn't want to put my car on the dyno because it was too low. A performance shop I feel should accommodate low cars, there's plenty of cars out there that are lower then me. I felt as if it could of made it with some time and effort but no big deal. I am understandable. The tuner seemed to cool down after and tried to fix my idling issue at free of charge but couldn't resolve the issue due to my ecu not co-operating.

Overall, I will not go back. Not because of the fact I couldn't get on the dyno, but what happened to the other customer and attitude the tuner arrived with.

I was very disappointed with my experience there. At a high caliber shop like theirs, I felt my experience could of been a lot better.

...She will be missed...

Last edited by vqboodah; 05-01-2012 at 12:04 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:38 PM
240sxONE Member

Default Re: Dent Sport Garage (DSG) Norwood, MA

Eric,
I am sorry about your experience here. The other customer here had the wrong date for the appointment so I don't feel bad for him. I did try to reschedule with you as Matt was going to be the only one here but you couldn't so we kept it on. I wasn't here so I can't comment on how low the car was but if it's too low, it will sit too low in the rollers and bottom out. Formula and GT cars fit on the dyno so if it was lower than that as a street car, you should raise it. I am genuinely sorry that your experience was not a good one and feel it could have been better if we were all here to help Matt with your car.

-Bill
Old 05-01-2012, 01:51 PM
240sxONE Member

Man, sorry you had troubles there. When I went up everyone was there. I went up by myself so I waited around for a bit, at least a few hours, but that's because they were actually working on it...plus I didn't care because I had my laptop with me. (Add that on top of the drive to get there)

Everyone seemed pretty friendly there to me. I can see what you're talking about a little with the tuner if it's the same one I had, but I'd rather have someone good at tuning than someone nice and an amateur...because in the end only one of those people are going to save you money and alottt more hours. I can see how both of you wouldn't be happy at that point (waiting around vs stuck in traffic)

Like I mentioned in the other thread, I had a good experience there. It was on the expensive side, but I really haven't had any problems.

(I need a little race gas at the track though or else I get some knock, but never on the street )

Sucks that your ECU didn't cooperate.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:52 PM
240sxONE Member

just cause your nice doesnt mean your an amatuer at tuneing cars just puting my 2 cents in
Old 05-01-2012, 04:03 PM
240sxONE Member

Send a message via AIM to brewster240

That's not what he said. Learn to read, until then keep your 2 cents.

LOL
Brb, cutting up a two tone with a sawzall.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:07 PM
240sxONE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewster240 View Post
That's not what he said. Learn to read, until then keep your 2 cents.
heh
Old 05-01-2012, 09:18 PM
240sxONE Member

Ive been to dent sport garage before and we were inquiring about throwing some cams in my friends altima, more or less just when there with some annoying Q and A. Bill, i think it was bill at least, answered most of our questions and seemed cool with it. He let us stroll around the shop wile some people were working talked to the tuner and stuff saw some projects that had and everyone was really nice. However, cannot saying anything about their actual service as i have never made an appointment with them. As far as the dyno thing, no offense to anyone but it sounds like the tuner was being a baby about the entire situation. Ya know, i dont know to much but what i do know is you dont pull that **** in front of first time customers, if that happened to me i would have simply said nothing and left.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:54 PM
240sxONE Member

bummer you had a bad experience eric.. dent sport is good ppl

Old 05-02-2012, 10:41 PM
240sxONE Supporter

bill at DSG is the man. went there on a whim to get some -10AN's welded to a valve cover. he drilled and welded no questions asked and i got it back in my hands less than 20 minutes after arriving.

bill even took the time to show shane and i the covered up maxi in a separate garage.

the maxi suspension guy was on hand and shot the **** with us while showing us other nearby projects.

shane and i walked away with a personal introduction to my favorite schassis in the states and i drove off with the fastest turn around time for a cast aluminum tig weld job. i was very happy with my experience at DSG as limited as it may have been.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:01 AM
240sxONE Member

Send a message via MSN to Craig

Hey Eric i have a friend who is extremely good at tuning ... he runs a dyno in fall river ! ... inbox me if u are interested ..