240sxONE Forums

Go Back   240sxONE Forums > 240sxONE Marketplace > Parts and Accessories for Sale

Old 07-25-2008, 10:36 PM
240sxONE Member

Default Re: List of Places to get parts for your 240sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastyratz
Havent heard bad things about Jspec before... its too bad you got shafted. Its not like They have prices too good to be true like flash options. (sr blacktop full clips for 1700 bux you know it cant be good)
their not lower, but id say they are overpriced for sure. i found several places with 60 day motor and trans warranty. and they cost what everyone else costs. i payed almost 1900 to jspec when all the other places we saying 1100.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:48 PM
your manager of serious internet business

good to know about jspec....
I've heard nothing but praise for heavy throttle... probably the most expensive place but I've seen them bend over backwards to make things right whenever anyone had a problem.

anyone have any experience with password?

anyone know any other alternative importers?

SilviaV8 Forums | CollectorsEdition.org | My Blog | My Build Thread | My For Sale Thread
Old 07-26-2008, 12:09 AM
240sxONE Member

I've only purchased small parts from Heavy Throttle, and I've worked closely with folks who have bought large items. Jeff has gone out of his way to help people out. He runs a good business, and when he makes mistakes, he is very quick to resolve them.

JSpec.com has been ok to deal with. Sam gets hounded with emails from tire kickers. If you're looking for somehting specific, and are serious with cash to back yourself up, he is your man.

note - this is not jspecauto.com
Old 07-27-2008, 09:34 AM
240sxONE Member

I would never do business with Heavythrottle.
My issue was lost on the old forum.

I was calling everywhere for the Hotshot for the S14 and no one had it (enjuku, cip, etc.) As a last resort I called HT and they told me yes they had it in stock. I ordered it. I received an email with "pending" on the shipping for the header ( I ordered the Catco Cat too). I waited. I received the email regarding shipping the next day and it said 3 weeks for the header. I flipped out. I called back and they changed the story to "oh well yeah we WILL have it when it gets here." I said that wasn't good enough. Then they said they would just drop ship it from Hotshot.
So I get the cat and they didn't even pack it in anything, so the flange was all bent and never fit right. Thank god the header came direct from Hotshot. That had some packing material.

That's my rant on HT. I posted this to every forum I knew and I never got anything.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:54 AM

did you ever call them to complain about the cat?

SilviaV8 Forums | CollectorsEdition.org | My Blog | My Build Thread | My For Sale Thread
Old 07-27-2008, 10:01 AM
240sxONE Member

Yes. But by that time I had the cat on and going. I didn't notice the flange until my mechanic friend put it together. I didn't have a spare car or the like so there was no easy way to get it back to them.

They just told me to send it back and they would send me another. As we know that doesn't work when you DD your car.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:24 AM
240sxONE Staff

Send a message via AIM to tastyratz

I didnt even catch that jsc... He was talking about jspecauto.com not jspec.com - I was surprised initially because I have heard good things on jspec.com.

Thats too bad on heavythrottle.com Everyone is allowed to make mistakes on whats in stock/not in stock. Many times places like that don't carry it in stock so being in stock at hotshot is technically "in stock" for them. The cat there's no excuse for.

Another for the list: http://www.amsperformance.com/
I have placed orders from them and they have been MORE than amazing to deal with. I had a problem with a shipment and they were great to work with and shipped me a tshirt to boot. A+ for an above and beyond place. Great place for turbo parts and the best shift knob ever.

Click for my for sale thread. s13 sr koyo, r32 headlights, s14 bikirom rom tune, many s14/s13 parts... and MOAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewster240 View Post
I usially dont write involved response on my phone, that was during a poop break and the words just flowed out.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:08 PM
240sxONE Member

Send a message via AIM to Landers

http://www.tougefactory.com
http://www.ravspeconline.com
Old 07-27-2008, 10:10 PM
240sxONE Member

Send a message via AIM to 203CT240

To tired to read it all but Pandagarage.com

"Your car may be more expensive, nicer looking and newer, But I enjoy mine more."

Keep Calm & Chive On
Old 07-28-2008, 08:14 AM

top post updated