240sxONE Forums

Go Back   240sxONE Forums > 240sxONE Tech and Style > Electrical Tech

Old 03-31-2014, 12:24 AM
240sxONE Member

Default Door locks have their own agenda

I have an issue with my door locks I'm going to look into later this week but I thought I would get some input from you guys. When I lock my door , either side, it will immediately unlock the other side if its locked. The only effective way to lock the doors is to simultaneously hold both door locks to lock and the lock actuator tweaks out for 3 second or so, almost vibrating I guess, trying to unlock the door until it gives up and the doors are locked. I don't know if anyone else has had this issue, I'm just curious how the system originally works because it seems like it's missing some kind of input the allows it to let the doors lock seeing as it always wants to be unlocked. Believe me, I know I can just pull the fuse or something lol if anyone knows off hand from their own car how the power locks work/why they normally won't lock that would be great, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-31-2014, 07:24 AM
240sxONE Member

Default Re: Door locks have their own agenda

Do you have an aftermarket alarm system in the car?
Old 04-01-2014, 10:27 PM
240sxONE Member

Not that I know of, I haven't seen one anywhere and it doesn't have one of those goofy fog horns under the hood, it didn't come with a fob or any mention of it, I guess that's possible, how do the stock power locks work? You just press a button and they both lock or unlock? Simple as that? Or is it just one side? It seems like it's stuck as some kinda fail safe designed to prevent you from locking your keys in the car.

Old 04-01-2014, 11:21 PM
240sxONE Member

Also when you unlock the drivers it unlocks both doors which is fine/probably normal function if that's any indication of a stock power lock system

Old 04-03-2014, 09:24 AM
your manager of serious internet business

even without an alarm electric door locks are controlled by a "security" module under the dash... if BOTH locks are acting wonky I would suspect a failing module. I know on an S14 it's located behind the hood release.. I'm not sure about S13s.

I would try to find a new one through a part-out... it's not a part that people generally care about so you could probably get one cheap/free.

SilviaV8 Forums | CollectorsEdition.org | My Blog | My Build Thread | My For Sale Thread