240sxONE Forums

Go Back   240sxONE Forums > 240sxONE Tech and Style > Build Threads and Project Logs

Old 07-06-2015, 12:02 AM
240sxONE Member

Default Re: My 1991 240sx coupe...

thats the plan, all tie rods worth buying have s14 thread pitch. s14 suspension is always good stuff in an s13
Old 05-24-2016, 06:32 PM
240sxONE Member

So I havent posted on here in a LOONG time but I've been busy working on the coupe. I went with tein inner rods with moog outers and love them by the way, excellent upgrade. But with that out of the way I spent this past winter with the car in the garage doing a pretty awesome teardown, but here's how she sits now adays

excuse the quality of the photos, imageshack compressed them to all hell.

So during my winter escapade I installed PBM subframe risers, adjustable rucas, toe rods, and I have traction rods i havent put in yet. I have it on fortune auto coilovers 10k8k, I replaced the rear wheel bearings and knuckles with new bushings and bearings, snagged a cusco strut bar, 1 piece driveshaft, and replaced all my swaybar bushings and rack bushings as well. I removed the top chain tensioner and repainted my valve cover while i was at it and it came out sick. I fixed the rusty hole that was my battery tray as well and im super happy with how it came out. so heres the bayyy and suspension bits.

some goon helped me install the coilovers ;]

(ryanzombie)
and heres my cool restored cusco strut bar I found some cusco blue paint and they came out sweet

Its finally starting to turn into something cool, I picked up a Trust DD exhaust off of a buddy that apparently used to be on VQboodahs coupe. It had a gnarly hole in the muffler casing so i had it welded up and painted it and brought it back to its former glory. I put in some silencers and had a shop replace my cat with a resonator and flanged it to bolt up to the trust DD. The results are epic, i love the tone and its not overbearing at all, it doesnt drone at all and i noticed the car is happier at high rpm and it seems like its not held back as much between 5-7k. im sure without the silencers this would be loud as hell.

I also have been trying to get to the track more and master the new setup so i started aquiring things to aid me in that and purchased a Bride Lowmax Gias drivers seat off of my buddy I grabbed the exhaust from. I was stoked to find a seat that fits my 34 inch waist comfortably even though its not a fixed seat i dont even notice, the support is awesome.

also got some some Garage moon power floor mats for my birthday and they rock, my car is turning out much cooler inside than I originally planned

I also relocated my battery since my tray was rotted out and i finally got around to getting a proper dry cell and tie down installed. The thing is the size of three beer cans. braille b2015 ftw

and I installed a fire extinguisher for good measure

I also found some subaru side skirts at a local pick n pull so i snagged em and heres the result after some paint.

So the car has come a looong way since the last update and I'm excited to go driving and get some seat time at some local events. I'm going to be going to Thompson to drive in about a week so I really excited the car is all working and ready. I moved to Mass recently so Ive been switching my plates over and getting ready for inspection and also getting ready to go sliding so the car has been getting alot of attention making sure its in working order. Super pumped with how far its come.

More things will be in store this summer! cheers!
Old 05-24-2016, 11:02 PM
240sxONE Member

Hows the head room with the Gias? Was thinking about pulling the trigger on a pair myself. Wanted a set of low maxs cause my current brides aren't low maxes, but it seems that all reclinable brides are bottom mount only.
Old 05-27-2016, 05:45 PM
240sxONE Member

Chubbs the gias gave me almost two more inches of room maybe a bit more. It leans pretty far back with your butt on the floor and legs a bit upward. Fits my 34 inch waist very comfortably and I'm 6 foot 5" tall. I couldn't fit in my car with my helmet on so I got a seat. Now I can easily wear a helmet and not rub the headliner. I also got a works bells steering hub spacer for under thirty bucks so I could reach the wheel in the new farther back seating position.

Last edited by ryan516; 05-27-2016 at 05:49 PM.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:16 PM
240sxONE Member

whats up guys? just decided to update my build thread after a long yet mild winter we had. I have been working on aero and finishing off alot of small loose ends i have been meaning to fix for a while, first off i was able to figure out my speedometer/odometer problem. As it turns out my wiring specialties lower harness was for a manual car. Mine WAS an auto. So there is a plug on the fuse box that is normally an 8 pin connector, but on my car was a 4 pin, so i purchased a new 4 pin plug and wired it all up...and my speed sensor is bad but at least the hard part is over and out of the way. I wired up my a/c fan that had suffered some damage from a quick release "serp" belt and i also got my radio working with my phone and got my rear deck speakers working as well which was an achievement, now I just need to replace the fronts and ill have a full stereo working again!
So soon all the little things will be working which is really cool in my book!
Stereo, ac, heat, speedo, odmeter ect

I also wound up having to do a power steering pump because of my seizing up at the grocery store one day, i went ahead and bought a re manufactured rack as well, and finally installed my solid steering column bushing! the car feels totally new now and the turning response is killer and my buddy Tommy hooked it up with a great alignment after! As s13 owners know the power steering on these cars gets beat up so its great piece of mind to have a totally new system and bushings for the car along with proper ATF for good measure!

Over the winter i pulled out my third brake light to replace a blown bulb and found the bulbs had gotten so hot they melted the clips holding them in and had been destroying the inside of the brake light. So i had been deciding to go led anyhow and turned this bad situation into a chance to do some cool stuff. So i found a thread on Zilvia about doing a clear third brake light on an SE vert and followed that and made a clear lense for my third brake light because i gutted the inside of my light housing and decided to go Led instead of trying to find an oem third brake light. the results were actually really bada$$

so this is the new lense made from a florescent light cover and alot of time with a dremel, and below is the brake light with the SMD LED bar i found on amazon thats 8 inches and turned out to fit exactly how i intended! its found under Ijdmtoy as the seller

And i also replaced my turn signals with Circuit Sports clear units to match the rest of my lighting as well. Super cool lights, and i decked them out with some luyed 194 leds i found on amazon as well. My fiance had also bought me some raybrig housings for christmas so now my lighting is looking nice! Im running the fancy walmart sylvania super star whatevers and they're super bright and pretty white actually. ALL CLEAR EVERYTHING which was a goal of mine because rice.

So in the middle of this lighting party i replaced my 194 marker lights on the fender with cool white luyed leds as well and wound up grabbing a 10 pack for super cheap so i hooked up my glove box...

i also replaced my trunk light (when i hooked up my busted speaker wiring and even kept the oem cover over it)

and befire all of this i had my dash cluster out and i replaced the cluster bulbs with leds which you can find write ups all over for. I used red sharpie and made my needles red, I went back after these photos and touched up the inconsistent areas you can kinda see in the photos. But i sourced these leds from superbright leds and i did the clock and oil and gas light area bulbs as well. SUPERBRIGHTLEDS.COM LEDS WORK WITH YOUR OEM DIMMER SWITCH. just throwing that awesome bit of info out there because some leds cant do that for some reason.

the needles look better now TRUST me lol. but you get the idea! Looks awesome with all the new leds. My next move is replacing the brake lights with super blindingly bright luyed red leds that get greak reviews and get some overkill reverse lights from them as well for reversing when i put my window tint on. (chrome 35% its awesome) so basically led tails without going full blown circuit boards. But leds have come a long way so im no longer worried about them not being bright enough because THEYRE BRIGHT!

Now onto the cool stuff! AERO! so heres a before and after to kick it off!

So these awesome dudes at AttackGarage helped my source a bomex bonneville rear half bumper which was literally essential in my build because its perfect in my opinion to compliment the cars oem lines. So to meet up with the bomex rear i wanted to get some chuki style side skirts but Jordan of attack garage found me a set of OEM ones for a steal! I couldnt be happier with my purchase and it really works with my zenki lip, but i plan on going Garage defend/forcewerks lip in the future but this will work for now!

these were taken right before i put my all clear lighting shown above so you can see the difference the leds and raybrigs made.

For wings I have an Origin Labs type 2 roof wing, and an s13 Dmax trunk wing which is a look ive always wanted, and i feel it adds a nice bit of aggression and dynamics to the car without being too much, but the front defiantly needs a bit more umph in my opinion, in due time. The booty is where its at though! WOULD YA JUST LOOK AT IT!?

And so during christmas i had been watching alot of fast and furious and playing with leds and wound up getting a really cool impulse buy for myself i have always secretly wanted.

UNDERGLOW! Its made by LEDGLOW this is the million color SMD LED wireless underglow kit which can be had for a reasonable $120 (they always have promotions so i paid a bit less)

It took a few tries to get the lights positioned right but im really happy with the cars underglow appearance now. This kit isnt just blue, but you can choose from like 18 colors 12 patterns 5 music activated patterns (has a sensor on the inside of the car) then you can change the speed the pattern goes and it remembers what mode you left it on last even with a kill switch connected like i have. its insanely fun and has a rainbow mode which is pure insanity! super fun to mess with but beware of authorities and use it on private property if you can help it.

So after all of this i drove my car at Thompson Motorpark in Connecticut at Lock City Drifts Season opener. It was probably 15 digrees for most of the day especially with the wind chill. Driving was tricky but we toughed it out and even spectators showed up to take photos like these ^^^ and support which was really cool. This event felt awesome with all new steering and all of my problems fixed, even got to jam music while drifting! But keeping the front tires sticking was a challenge, and the first few entries the car would plow until the tires got warmer. This event I was practicing left foot braking instead of using the handbrake to keep my wheels spin up, as well as making my transitions more aggressive and snappy, and having an overall faster wider line.

The day was covered by Drift Life Magazine and the article can be found here
https://driftlifemagazine.com/2017/0...rtheast-style/

They were super kind and posted this photo of my freshly finished ride staging up. Couldn't be happier the car is starting to get appreciated even if its not finished and a bit different from you run of the mill 240 build. Hard work is starting to pay off!

and speaking of WORK ill be contacting out man Mr. Streeter in may for a set of wheels to really set the car off, but more of that another time. Hope you guys liked the update, its mostly little details like led lighting or my broadway mirror (which i didnt mention till now) or getting my radio to work, along with stuff the i just needed to finish like my rack and power steering pump but i feel the car has made its biggest transformation. The aero setup alone has really made me fall in love with the car all over again and i cant wait to fit some new wheels on later this summer, but ill be saving pennies in the meantime and driving it and loving every second.

the car feels like a new animal, lmk what you guys think!
Old 03-14-2017, 12:22 AM
240sxONE Member

The amount of jealousy I have for the bomex joint..
Old 03-15-2017, 02:49 PM
240sxONE Member

Chubbs, hit up attack garage, got mine so cheap!

http://atk-attack.com/?tag=garage-attack

Ask for jordan and tell him Ryan sent you, he's got great rates for importing wheels, aero, interior, whatever! Ships it to Philly then you can pick it up or have it shipped to you. I've wanted a bomex rear for years!
Old 03-15-2017, 06:21 PM
240sxONE Member

My buddy Zach helps out with Jordan. I might scoop one up next year or something. Change it up a little. I still like my b-wave rep valances.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:58 AM
240sxONE Member

Zach is the man! He had my aero brought to mass for me, he's a legend! But yeah dude hiiiighly recommend those guys for aero!
Old 03-18-2017, 10:35 PM
240sxONE Member

Send a message via AIM to jaCkee13

noiceeeeeee! looking good ryan