240sxONE Forums

Go Back   240sxONE Forums > 240sxONE Tech and Style > Engine and Drive-line Tech

Old 08-21-2014, 10:01 AM
240sxONE Member

Default Re: Need help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vqboodah View Post
Post a video... I'm sure someone will chime in.

The boost gauge will tell you if you have a vacuum leak which sounds like you do. Try spraying brake clean on all areas that has vacuum and if the idle changes, you'll narrow it down.
ok cool thanks Eric. Im taking my bumper off and checking every boost/vacuum leak this weekend. changing my plugs, cleaning my maf and iacv..... and if all that still does not help, im bringing it up to granite state dyno next week to have them fix the damn thing/possible tune and nistronic. Sick of this thing running like ****.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:07 PM
240sxONE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subyracer05 View Post
ok cool thanks Eric. Im taking my bumper off and checking every boost/vacuum leak this weekend. changing my plugs, cleaning my maf and iacv..... and if all that still does not help, im bringing it up to granite state dyno next week to have them fix the damn thing/possible tune and nistronic. Sick of this thing running like ****.
Start with the cheapest/easiest things to do and go from there. You're probably going to want a decent boost gauge at some point though if that one is unusable.

Haha usually the basic advice is the last thing you did that made it break but that doesn't exactly sound like it here...

Last edited by 0wn3r; 08-22-2014 at 08:36 AM.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:21 PM
240sxONE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0wn3r View Post
Start with the cheapest/easiest things to do and go from there. You're probably going to want a decent boost gauge at some point though if that one is unusable.

Haha usually the basic advice is usually the last thing you did that made it break but that doesn't exactly sound like it here...
yeah its strange last I looked to make it worse was a boost leak, so maybe i pulled an intercooler pipe to hard or something causing a much larger leak. The car is low, and cant get in my driveway so im going to take my bumper off pull it in and all the intercooler parts are right there. make sure everything is tight new plugs and go from there.
Old 09-20-2014, 07:34 AM
240sxONE Member

double check your timing too
Old 10-09-2014, 09:52 PM
240sxONE Staff

Send a message via AIM to vqboodah

Any update on this Ian?

...She will be missed...
Old 10-12-2014, 10:45 PM
240sxONE Member

Id check to make sure there is clearance between the IC piping and the typical hole locations specifically by the battery tray. i had an incident where the cut edge made a 2in long slice right thru the pipe and it ran like garbage til i found it. Also had several cracked couplers over the years. And even a cheap ****ty boost gauge will show you what you need to know, as long as it also shows vac.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:06 AM
ONE

Send a message via AIM to sdaigle240

id check the voltage sweep on your TPS as well as the open close flag... which i think you need ECU connectivity to do.

something people don't do enough is boost leak check. maker a tester and pressurize your system. i do it whenever i mess with piping or have an issue.
ZErOSTyLE

MJL