240sxONE Forums

Go Back   240sxONE Forums > 240sxONE Tech and Style > Engine and Drive-line Tech

Old 08-18-2014, 04:40 PM
240sxONE Member

Default Need help!!!

Hey guys,

Anyone live near the North Shore Ma. area that is good with sr motors. I could use some serious help. I just have a s13 with a blacktop sr stock turbo, but it has a bov, boost controller, intake, turbo timer and a few other things. I actually traded a lifted truck for it so I did not do the swap myself.

For a while the car ran ok. Would lag and run super rich. I checked for boost and vacuum leaks and did not seem to find anything. I noticed that my o2 was not plugged in so yesterday I tried to hard wire my o2 back in and it did not seem to help. Checked my maf to find nothing. Unglugged the maf and the car ran like garbage.

So what it is doing now, it starts up fine idles high 1500-2000 rpm does come down a little once its warm. Drives ok untill i give it some, once its about to boost it bogs way down and just backfires. Does not boost really at all. The car has never idled well, and I just want this all fixed. I ordered plugs and am doing those tomorrow, fuel filter is new, not sure how old the fuel pump or injectors are. Is there anything else I should check?!?!

If anyone at all could help, it would be very very much appreciate. If you live in the area and could come help (I live in rockport) Ill buy beer or food or whatever. JUST NEED HELP!!!! thanks in advance and please let me know.

-Ian
Old 08-18-2014, 08:23 PM
240sxONE Member

Default Re: Need help!!!

Do you have a boost gauge? What does it read at idle?

What are your idle problems?

Have you cleaned the MAF yet?
Old 08-19-2014, 07:59 AM
240sxONE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0wn3r View Post
Do you have a boost gauge? What does it read at idle?

What are your idle problems?

Have you cleaned the MAF yet?
I do have a boost gauge its a ****ty one though. Ill check tonight to see where its at when I idle.

For a while now the idle has be different. None regularly it will be ok idle right at 900 or so, but most of the time it will loop. Drop down to 4-500 sound like its almost going do die out then it jumps up to 1500-2000 then back down. If the car has sat for a while sometimes it will just drop all the way down and the car will die.

I have not yet cleaned my MAF I was planning on getting some cleaner today when I get my plugs. I am going to clean the MAF and the IACV as well to see if that helped. I went over a buddys the other day to try and trouble shoot. Car was running ok then. Unplugged the MAF and tried to drive it and the car ran like ****. Plug it back in and drove home. Now the car is running like **** again. Maybe I messed up the MAF somehow or the MAF is just bad all together? Let me know what you guys think!!!

Thanks
Old 08-19-2014, 12:00 PM
240sxONE Member

been reading all day, anyone know the best way to pull codes off an e5 ecu?
Old 08-19-2014, 12:54 PM
240sxONE Member

Is the BOV recirculated?
Old 08-19-2014, 01:05 PM
240sxONE Member

Quote:
Is the BOV recirculated?
it is indeed
Old 08-19-2014, 09:30 PM
240sxONE Member

ok guys good news and bad news. I read a ton today and figured out a way to pull codes off my stock e5 ecu. got home and took the car for a drive. got the ecu to tell me what code it was.... turns out it was NOTHING... haha nothing my ecu is reading everything electronically fine?!? so now im turning my attention back to either a boost leak or vacuum leak... anyone know the best way about finding a vacuum leak? lmk thanks
Old 08-20-2014, 07:25 AM
240sxONE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subyracer05 View Post
ok guys good news and bad news. I read a ton today and figured out a way to pull codes off my stock e5 ecu. got home and took the car for a drive. got the ecu to tell me what code it was.... turns out it was NOTHING... haha nothing my ecu is reading everything electronically fine?!? so now im turning my attention back to either a boost leak or vacuum leak... anyone know the best way about finding a vacuum leak? lmk thanks
with a boost gauge lol
Old 08-20-2014, 08:05 AM
240sxONE Member

Quote:
with a boost gauge lol
haha fair enough, I do have a boost gauge hooked up, but its pretty damn ****ty. still going to replace my plugs tonight see if that helps and clean my maf then go from there. This is just so frustrating.

thanks
Old 08-21-2014, 09:34 AM
240sxONE Staff

Send a message via AIM to vqboodah
Default Need help!!!

Post a video... I'm sure someone will chime in.

The boost gauge will tell you if you have a vacuum leak which sounds like you do. Try spraying brake clean on all areas that has vacuum and if the idle changes, you'll narrow it down.

...She will be missed...