240sxONE Forums

Go Back   240sxONE Forums > 240sxONE Tech and Style > Build Threads and Project Logs

Old 11-12-2016, 08:14 PM
240sxONE Member

Default Re: Wild Steves KA-T Coupe Build

Gathering every thing for winter upgrades.

Turbo needs a rebuild, it smokes like crazy. Did a compression test and was very happy with the results and it tested the coolant for exhaust deposits with great results as well. Travis is going to be starting on building my manifold soon, and we'll be ready for spooling in the spring.

Old 11-14-2016, 12:16 AM
240sxONE Member

Send a message via AIM to RedEvil Send a message via MSN to RedEvil

Eeeeexcellent.
Old 11-27-2016, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

Send a message via Skype™ to drummingpariah

That's a pretty sweet heatsink/fixture-plate you've got there. Is that aluminum plate?
Old 12-01-2016, 08:38 PM
240sxONE Member

Send a message via AIM to FlatOut

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummingpariah View Post
That's a pretty sweet heatsink/fixture-plate you've got there. Is that aluminum plate?
yeah its aluminum. 6061 plate i had left over from a work fixture

Wilson Speed
VvVvVvVvV build thread VvVvVvVvV
http://forums.240sxone.com/showthread.php?t=9723
The Following User Says Thank You to FlatOut For This Useful Post:
drummingpariah (12-07-2016)
Old 12-31-2016, 06:05 PM
240sxONE Member

Finally started working on it.
My racks leaked the entire time I owned the car. Tie rod boots were filled with PS fluid, which spilled all over me. Put in a spare rack I had bought and some Energy Suspension Bushings.

Borrowed the manifold from Travis, Gotta re-route the lines for my power steering for a little more clearance and overall fitment, as well as put on this 1" RHD (same as a pathfinder) brake cylinder to move my braided brake lines to the other side as well. Also since i'm upgrading everything else figured I'd buy a Tial MV-S for ease of installation and over-all size making it much easier for placement when Travis welds my flange and finishes my intercooler piping and downpipe.

Old 01-11-2017, 08:00 PM
240sxONE Member

Some more stuff:
Fitment of turbo. Waiting on some lines and fittings to re-do my PS lines and clean those up and out of my way.

Figured while I was in the steering stuff, I mind as well do a solid steering shaft bushing. Turns out, the 27 year old rubber one was pretty beat up.

Took the KF's apart to send the faces to threepiece.us (they're already on their way) for a acid dip and re-chrome. One of them was flaking. I'm going to take the barrels to work and sandblast them and have a friend powdercoat them black.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:04 PM
240sxONE Member

Small updates. Its been cold here, and we got 2 feet of snow within the last 2 weeks. So, motivation is at a low.

Got my faces back from threepiece.us for chrome. I can't say enough good things about the finish. They did an excellent job. Bought new nuts, and had my friend powder coat the barrels black.

Picked up this pretty rare gem, unfortunately (for me) dizzariot is fiending for it. I also sourced a More Collage grille which should be on its way from japan any day now, which will likely replace my **** ass GTR grille.

Had travis cut and weld my fitting on my PS pump from a 90* to a 45* to keep the line away from the new manifold and combat the heat. Also switched to a RHD z32 (or pathfinder) BM50 1" brake master to also keep the lines away from the heat.

I have a decent list of other stuff that needs to get done, but at this rate...spring isn't coming very fast. Some progress is better than none.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:44 PM
240sxONE Member

My morecollage grille came in the mail today. Pretty excited about this piece.

Old 03-22-2017, 07:05 PM
240sxONE Member

Been plugging away at the turd here and there. Went to Travis' house to finish my fabwork. Weld on the wastegate flange, weld 90* elbow on compressor housing,\ modify my downpipe, dump tube, and intercooler piping to work.

The downpipe and dump tube have been since heat wrapped, and i'll be running a turbo blanket as well to combat the heat from the master.

Since I had to make all new oil/coolant lines, I took my intake manifold off to make life easier. Figured i'd clean up my engine harness while I was in there. Remove all the OEM emissions garbage and the OEM coil stuff as well. Came out pretty decent looking.

Old 03-29-2017, 09:11 PM
240sxONE Member

Small update. Been working on putting the car back together. Whole engine bay is together, wiring harness is finished. Need to replace my battery, change my oil filter and fill all my fluids, put in my new wideband 02 sensor, and plug in my turbo timer.
I aim to drive the car this weekend, as its supposed to be 65 Sunday.

I purchased some pre-made LED boards and replaced the hideous LED strips I had in my tail lights previously. Couldn't be happier with the result.