240sxONE Forums

Go Back   240sxONE Forums > 240sxONE Marketplace > Business and Sponsor Review

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 08:40 PM
240sxONE Member

Default Re: Synergy's friend "Matt Gendron", and his bounced check and phone number changing.

8:40pm and number is still nonfunctional.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:10 PM
240sxONE Member

Default Re: Synergy's friend "Matt Gendron", and his bounced check and phone number changing.

people still take checks in 2012
Old 05-14-2012, 09:39 PM
240sxONE Member

Some people actually have human empathy as well, but look where it got me.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:02 PM
240sxONE Member

taking checks has nothing to do with empathy. you aren't a supermarket
Old 05-14-2012, 11:18 PM
240sxONE Member

Thanks for stopping by.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:27 PM
240sxONE Member

Send a message via AIM to elbowblk

maybe he couldn't pay is phone bill because he skimped on it so he can afford the motor lol. disregard my useless input

Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widley available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:28 PM
240sxONE Member

Send a message via AIM to brewster240

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0wn3r View Post
This is a good reason for never accepting checks.

Either that or: you're paying me and not coming to get your stuff until after this check clears.

I personally think it's retarded when someone PMs me to buy something and they give me an offer and put "cash" next to it. Of course cash, wtf else are you going to pay me in? You want me to get out my hand credit card swiper I store in my garage? Groupons? Gold doubloons? 7-legged spider drawings?

Bring me cash. If you can afford what you're buying, then just pay me for it with currency. Putting "cash" at the end of your lowball offer does not make it any less than a lowball offer than it already is. Don't try to offer me some western union, I'll send you a check crap like we're in some 3rd world country.

/rant
Paypal.

LOL
Brb, cutting up a two tone with a sawzall.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:31 PM
240sxONE Member

Hate to say it, but I thought the same thing. It'd be one thing if you can verify the check before the 'customer' walks out the door...but you can't.

If it's coming out of the bank account like cash, then you might as well go to the bank and get the cash. If "the money will be there in a few days" or "I had a daily withdrawal limit on cash" then you're not getting the motor for a few days, simple as that. Either that or you better be whipping paypal out on the spot on sending me money.

I'm saying that for informational purposes to everyone that is... Unless you know that person REAL well, it isn't ever a good idea to take a check.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:34 PM
240sxONE Member

Correct, there are many points of this "Transaction" I would have changed.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:38 PM
240sxONE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewster240 View Post
Paypal.
Yeah, Paypal is cash to me though since it's immediate payment in $. I know there might be a fee, but it's up to the buyer/seller to work out who takes the %. (On that note, I don't like being lowballed and then having paypal take it's cut out too)

Paypal is instant and not like some sort of I.O.U. written down on random checkbook paper that I'm playing the lottery with whenever I make it to the bank.