Thread: S14 Round 2: Blurple
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 07:34 PM
your manager of serious internet business

Exclamation Round 2: Blurple

So as most of you know, back in October my LS1 S14 ended up off the side of the road with a cracked up front end. (Here's my old build thread)

Since then I've settled with the insurance company, I've removed everything from the chassis from the radiator support forward and swapped it back to stock suspension. The car seems to be straight and once the radiator support was pulled back out a bit and a new inner tie-rod on the passenger's side the car is drivable, which makes moving it around a lot easier.

I considered several different chassis for a new build: S30, 1St Gen Celica, R32, S2K, but ultimately I decided I still wasn't done with an S14.

Over the weekend I happened upon a Craigslist ad for a real mint S14 right here in NH, it sounded too good to be true but a quick phone call confirmed it was the real deal.

This car was purchased by the proverbial little old lady new in 1997 in West Virginia, she kept it garaged and put 68K miles on it. Last year she passed away and her brother took ownership of the car, after sitting in his garage for a few months he put it on consignment at Historic Motor Sports in Candia NH (the place is like a classic car museum, it's awesome).

I drove it home today ahead of the snow storm we're supposed to get tonight.

This car is like a time capsule, and it makes my old black S14 (pre-accident) look like a drift missile by comparison. Being a southern car the underside is clean enough to eat off-of, having been garaged nothing is faded, the doors close crisply and all the door and window seals look brand new. Even all of the buttons on the dash have bright white, unworn text and the buttons all have a crisp new feel to them. There are a few small things here and there (for instance the trunk release doesn't work) Overall I'm very happy with the find.

I've already started planning out the swap and moving all my equipment from the Black car onto this one.

watch this space.

SilviaV8 Forums | CollectorsEdition.org | My Blog | My Build Thread | My For Sale Thread

Last edited by twistedsymphony; 12-27-2012 at 11:12 AM.