Thread: Other s30 Daily Driver build
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2016, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

Send a message via Skype™ to drummingpariah
Default Re: s30 Daily Driver build

Update Time

It's Saturday, so I don't have a 'big' update to announce.

I think I've mentioned it before but in case I hadn't, we're recording a whole web series for this build, similar to what I did for the CRX. I've always enjoyed watching honest, well-produced video over reading build threads, and thought I'd give it a go. As I learned from the CRX build, it really requires a dedicated film crew (of at least 1 person). The level of quality I want really isn't possible if I'm trying to build and film at the same time.

With that goal in mind, I spent the morning laying out the video capture gear and taking an inventory of what we use on a regular basis. This is the result.

Yeah, I agree. This might be a bit silly.

Anyway, with that out of the way Mike and I started off by finishing coping for the dash bar, which looks pretty solid now.

After lunch, Mike took care of the sill bar coping and I took care of the bent door bars. They aren't quite ready to weld in, but we're making good progress.

Unfortunately, we ran out of material for the remaining sill/rocker bar and the windshield bar (both are required to run Mt Washington). I'll have another 24' arriving Monday morning. Tomorrow, I think I want to set our sights on tackling the front suspension jig, since the 'core' of the cage structure is finally coming together.