- If you have an idea for a new topic use the SEARCH function of the forum before posting, that topic may already exist and have some good useful information in it.
- Check the Sticky Topics before posting, Some forums have threads at the top with great information, some have specific rules for that sub-forum, Make sure you familiarize yourself with these before posting.
- Try to stay on topic, if you have something to say that is completely unrelated to whats being discussed in the thread start a new thread, or PM the person you want to talk to.
- Understand that not everyone here is an expert, try to be helpful to those who are less knowledgeable than you.
- Post questions you have! Feel free to ask we have many great minds here. No crazy idea is too crazy too - we love crazy ideas!
- Realize that we're all here because we Love 240s, but despite that not everyone has the same tastes, ideas, theories, or goals. If you can't seem to get along with someone try to find some common ground, or at least respect that they see things differently than you.
- This community is here to serve the community, it's a place where we can help each other out, share knowledge and make new friends... So Relax, Participate and Enjoy yourself!
- Please respect the other members of this community.
- Flaming, or attempting to get a reaction out of another member of this community will not be tolerated no matter the circumstance.
- Venting your problems publically will typically get you in as much hot water as the person your fighting with and piss off the other forum members... so don't do it!
- If you have a problem with another member you have several options
- deal with them over private message or outside of the forum completely
- report their inappropriate behavior to a staff member
- use the forums "ignore" feature so you never have to read their posts or PMs
- Racial, Religious, or Sexual slurs, and off-color comments will not be tolerated AT ALL even if it's in jest or used as a term of endearment.
- Pornographic or any other content that would earn a movie more than PG-13 rating will not be tolerated AT ALL
- Asking where to find, providing info on where to find, linking to or otherwise providing pirated material will not be tolerated AT ALL
- Encouraging or otherwise recommending that someone do something Illegal will not be tolerated.
- Sensitive information such as someone's phone number, address, VIN, credit card number etc... should NEVER be posted. If you want to post your own info that's fine but respect the privacy of others.
- Using excessive foul language is not recommended, We're all adults here and using one for emphasis is fine... just don't over do it.
- Please make your posts understandable, typing in excessive slang or another manor in which most of the forum will have no idea what you're trying to communicate is annoying and wont earn you any favors.
- TYPING IN ALL CAPS is annoying and is the forum equivalent of shouting, it's recommended you don't do it.
- The site has filters that **** out words and urls we would rather not see, side-stepping the site filter will not be tolerated
Vendors and Advertising
240sxONE stands behind our sponsors as trusted businesses that benefit the community as a whole. Only official sponsors are allowed to advertise on 240sxONE. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, please see this thread for more information.
To ensure that this program is of benefit to both the sponsors and the community...
Members are prohibited from doing any of the following:
Exceptions regarding Non-Sponsor Businesses:
- Advertising or name-dropping of non-sponsor businesses
- Commercial sales for parts or labor
- Advertising or selling of any goods not in your physical possession, nor any goods that have not yet been manufactured
- You may create/post in a review thread for a non-sponsor business.
- You may include the name of a non-sponsor business in a calendar event, if they are hosting the event.
- You may post a response to a "Want to Buy" thread with a link to a specific product or service offered by a non-sponsor business with whom you are not affiliated, only if it's directly related to the topic.
- If you work for a non-sponsor business: When making your personal introduction thread, you may include the name of the business and your job description, but only for reference.
- If you are not a sponsor, and wish to post a thread advertising specific services, contact a Staff member. Special permission may be granted on a case-by-case basis.
240sxONE Staff reserves the right to reject and remove any marketplace thread of any kind or nature. We uphold a high standard of service, and members need to know they can trust other members and companies affiliated with this club. Marketplace participation may be wholly or partially denied based on criteria and information which may exist outside of 240sxONE.
- Affiliate Links of any kind are not allowed unless express permission has been granted by a member of the staff beforehand.
- Posting Pyramid Schemes or other programs offering free xbox360s or free ipods, etc. will not be allowed, we don't care how "legit" they are.
- Posting Advertisements for anything other than one of the official 240sxONE Sponsors will not be allowed. Our sponsors help keep this club up and running. Advertising a business that doesn't help support the site is disrespectful and will not be allowed.
- Advertising links to other forums or websites will not be tolerated. If you know of a good thread or guide on another forum that is relevant to the topic, then please post it... however if you just want to say "hey check out my buddy's site" to help then build traffic or gain membership... then that will not be tolerated.
- In general your profile is bound to the same rules as general post content, don't put anything in there that you wouldn't be allowed to post anywhere else
- There are size limitations on the Signature and Avatar, just make sure they're not obnoxious or large and you'll be fine
- Pornographic, "Girly Pin-Up", lewd, or any other content that would be considered "Not Safe for Work" or "Not Allowed at School" is not allowed in your profile.
- Making more than one profile will NOT BE TOLERATED, creating a second account will get ALL of your accounts permanently banned from the site, we have several methods of detecting this. If you lost your password or something else along those lines then please email one of the staff members and we'll get you sorted out.
- You are responsible for what happens with your profile, if you share your profile with another person, or fail to properly secure your profile you will be held responsible for how it is used. If we find you've shared your profile with a banned member you profile will be considered a duplicate of a banned account and banned as well.
- Moderators are only here to help, they give up hours of their time every day to make this an enjoyable place to visit. Treat them with respect and they will treat you with respect in return.
- All of these rules are left up to the interpretation and discretion of the Staff, if they request that you stop doing something you're entitled to an explanation but you should respect their decision.
- We don't delete anything but sometimes content is removed from public view if a staff member deemed it in violation of any of the above rules. If you don't understand why please PM a staff member for an explanation.
- Depending on the severity of the violation you will earn as little as a warning or as much as an instant and permanent ban from these forums. In general we try to give people the benefit of the doubt and a chance to redeem themselves. If you receive a warning or a temporary suspension from a moderator then you should take it as a chance to redeem yourself and learn from your mistakes, you might not get another chance to make the same mistake twice.
- If you have a question or concern about why a moderator took a certain action, be it moving/deleting/editing a post or reprimanding/banning another member please PM a staff member for clarification. we would be happy to discuss these things with you in private but considering we do such things to keep the forum clean it's counter productive to discuss them publicly. Any posts found asking such questions will be removed without a response.